jgR Guide to Virtual Buying
As we continue to adapt to our new circumstances in the wake of the COVID-19 public health crisis, we can assure you that our team is fully capable and have long had the tools in place to ensure a smooth virtual buying process. We look forward to helping you navigate the purchase of your home as we all work to do our part in helping flatten the curve in the coming weeks.
- VIRTUAL BUYER CONSULTATION. Let’s set up a virtual call to discuss what you’re looking for in a home. We will provide you with a link to join the call on your phone or computer.
- CUSTOM SEARCH. Once we’ve narrowed down your location, price range, timeline, etc., we will run a custom search for homes that meet your criteria. Any updates to market inventory will be sent directly to your inbox daily.
- VIRTUAL TOUR OPTIONS. If you prefer to tour the home virtually, rather than in person, we can work with you to make that happen. Some homes may offer virtual walkthrough tours that are much like actually walking through the home! If that is not available, we will work with the seller and their agent to schedule a live, virtual walkthrough of the home, or get a prerecorded, video walkthrough.
- SIGN OFFER WITH DOCUSIGN. If you’ve found the home for you, we will send you the contract and all necessary documentation via DocuSign, through which you can sign all documents electronically.
- WIRE EARNEST MONEY. We will provide you with wiring instructions to send your earnest money to the john greene Realtor Finance team or directly to the title company.
- INSPECTION. Your inspector will provide you with a thorough and detailed report of their findings of the home, including pictures and descriptions. We can then follow up with a phone call with the inspector for any further clarifications. From there, we will work with your attorney to determine next steps.
- CLOSING. There are a number of options we can explore for closing. These can include curb-side closings, granting power of attorney for document signing, etc.
- KEYS TO YOUR NEW HOME! We can deliver the keys to your new home directly to you or they will be given to you at your curb-side closing!
And, throughout the process outlined above, you can ensure that we will be in frequent communication with you to help provide guidance, answer questions, and everything in between! Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need any advice!